Friday, March 8, 2013

Target Dollar Bin to Literacy Freebie

Anyone that knows me is well aware that I have a Target problem.  I LOVE Target!  A relaxing day for me is strolling the aisles at my local Target with a warm Starbucks in my hand.  This week while I was looking through the dollar bin (my favorite place for unexpected finds) I found these adorable magnifying glasses!  There were all kinds of cute spring shapes.  I couldn’t resist buying this cute bee one. 
My mind began racing with all kinds of ways to use it in a kindergarten classroom.  I knew just what I wanted to do!  At this point in the year it becomes hard to continue to come up with new and fun ways for the kids to practice their sight words.  I also know that the kids love the I Spy and Where’s Waldo books.  So I decided to combine these two ideas for my “Hiding Sight Words” freebie!
In this packet I created four pictures that have ten sight words hiding in each picture.  The students will use a small magnifying glass to look for the words hidden in the pictures. 

I also created a recording sheet for each picture.  When the students find a word they will color the word on their matching recording sheet.  Then they will write the word using a pencil. 
If you would like to download this packet simply click on the cover page below! 
 I hope you enjoy this freebie!  Be sure to look at your local Target for those cute magnifying glasses.  There are SO many ways to use them in the classroom!!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this freebie. Target is coming to Victoria next year and I can hardly wait!!!!!
    erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target is the best! Since you can't get the magnifying glass at Target you may need to get creative. :) At my school we always had a set of little magnifying glasses in our science kit. Hope you can find some so you use the freebie! Feel free to share!

      Annie

      Delete
  2. thanks, i just found this. vhair61215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found my freebie! Feel free to share!!
      Annie

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for these Annie! I bought four of those magnifying glasses a few weeks ago because they were so cute! Now I have your fantastic activity to use with them!

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this! My kids love doing I-Spy activities. Is there any way you can make the file black and white so it doesn't take as much ink? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy this freebie! Be sure to look at your local Target for those cute magnifying glasses. There are SO many ways to use them in the classroom!!League of Legends Boost
    League of Legends Elo Boost

    ReplyDelete