Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chicka Chicka 1 2 3!!

I have been on a Chicka Chicka roll lately!  I promise I will be moving on at some point.  I just love these books so much and they are GREAT to use at the beginning of the year!
Today I am posting my newest packet on TPT.  For this packet I used the book Chicka Chicka 1 2 3.  It is such a fun book to read aloud and is great to use during math time!


I created a Top It game that goes along with the book.  In the book the numbers are trying to get to the top of the apple tree.  This is a game that can be played in groups of two. 

To play the game each student will get one apple tree mat.  Then they will shuffle the cards and put them in the middle of the table.  The students will each draw one card.  The student with the biggest number gets to keep the cards and put them on his/her apple tree mat.  The student with the most cards at the end wins the game.  This would be great for a math small group or math station. 





 In order to use this game throughout the year I have created four different sets.  You can purchase them all at one time and you will be ready for the whole year. 






Be sure to check out other Chicka Chicka games and activities in my TPT store!

No comments:

Post a Comment