Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!  Will there be enough room?  There is always room in your lesson plans for this book!  It is such a fun book to use when teaching letters.  Kindergarten is not complete without the coconut tree!


I created several games to use when reading this book.  These are perfect games for small groups or parent volunteers.   The games work on letter identification.  I have created a game for capital letters, lowercase letters, and both.  Simply print the game out and it is ready to play!

To play the game shuffle all the cards together and place them on the game board face down.  Students will draw one card at a time.  If the student reads the letter correctly he/she keeps the card.  If a BOOM card is drawn the student skips his/her turn.  The player with the most cards at the end wins the game.

All three of these games can be purchased in my TPTstore.  Be sure to check them out!



Along with these games I also created a FREEBIE to accompany this book.  This Word-Letter-Number sort can be used during whole group, small group or station time.  To prepare this activity simply print out the palm tree pages and cards.  Students will draw a card and decide if it belongs in the word, letter or number coconut tree. 



Chicka chicka boom boom!  Will there be enough room?  I hope you enjoy using these activities!

I used clip art from Scrappin Doodles for these games. 

14 comments:

  1. Very cute activities!! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is one of my favorite back to school stories! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for stopping by my blog. I checked yours out as well! I am your newest follower! :)

      Annie

      Delete
  2. I don't think I need to tell you this (if you've seen my blog before--- but I LOOOOOVE Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! And I love these games! I can definitely use these a lot and can't wait to purchase!!!!

    Jessica
    http://underthealphabettree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,
      I love you blog! You are a Chicka Chicka fan for sure! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you now as well. So many cute ideas!
      Annie

      Delete
  3. A classic book, for sure! The games look like fun. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!!! I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger award!! Stop by and pick it up!! I LOVEEEE Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! It is my all time favorite book!

    Cindy

    All Things Teachery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy!! I really appreciate the Versatile Blogger award. I am your newest follower!

      Annie

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite books... I love reading it to my Kindergarten students each year! I saw back in February you posted about your Take-Home Bags... do you have an alphabet bag?

    Stephanie

    MaMa Goose’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have an alphabet bag. I put different alphabet games in the bag throughout the year.

      This game would be perfect to put into an alphabet bag. I may put something together for that! It would be a fun game for the students to play at home with parents! :)

      Annie

      Delete
  6. Hi Annie, this is one of my favorite books! In fact, I host a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Alphabet Exchange because I love this book so much:) I'm glad the ladies at Simply Sweet Teaching told me about your products! I am now a follower of yours. I even mentioned your items on my blog. Please hop over and take a look when you get a chance.
    ~Carole
    kindercarole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Carole! I really appreciate you sharing with your followers. I lover your Chicka Chicak Alphabet Exchange idea! I am your newest follower. :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie! I am your newest follower! Love your blog!
    What adorable ideas! I was looking for Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ideas and found your blog from Mrs. Hodge. Thank you for sharing your adorable activity!
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the letter, word, number sort. I work with Title I kinder kiddos who continue to struggle with the difference between the three. I plan on using the sort as a take home game. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found this resource and it is awesome! My child is too young to use now, but will save for later. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete