Friday, June 8, 2012

The Kissing Hand Packet

Each school year brings lots of different experiences.  However, in my classroom the school year always started the exact same way……..with the book The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.  It is one of my favorite books! !


In the story a young raccoon, named Chester, is scared about starting school.  His Mother teaches him the secret of “The Kissing Hand” and he happily goes to school with love in his heart. 

I have created a packet to start the year with this wonderful book.  Most of the activities are whole group activities for the beginning of the year.  It is a great packet to use in conjunction with any other Kissing Hand materials you already may use in the classroom. 

Story Sequencing

Vocabulary




Character Page


Kissing Hand Page


Sorting Feelings







This Kissing Hand Packet can be purchased in my TPT store.  Be sure to check out other FREEBIES in my store. 

Along with this packet I am including a FREEBIE!  This is a simple coloring page to go along with the book.  I hope you all can start your year off with this wonderful book!



For this packet I used clipart from kpmdoodles. 

5 comments:

  1. I *heart* your Kissing Hand Packet!! I am adding it to my wish list! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I will put it on my wish list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love starting off the year with this book too! Your packet looks great. Thanks for the freebie. :)

    Mary
    Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I start the year with Chester, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chester and The Kissing Hand. He always helps us start off the year!

    Thank you for the *freebie*!

    I am having a HUGE Pete the Cat giveaway. I would love for you to come be part of it! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete