Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Crayon Box That Talked Packet

I love the book The Crayon Box That Talked by Shane DeRolf because it can be used to teach so many things.  The book has rhyming words, color words, and is a great for story sequencing.  You can also teach about working together and friendship. 


This is a FREE 20 slide download!  I created rhyming cards, story sequencing cards, an independent sequencing page and a color activity.  I also made a page for the students to use their own crayons to create a picture. 




Rhyming Cards




Student Coloring Page




Sequencing Cards



Independent Sequencing Page



Color Activity



I hope you enjoy this packet!

I used Scrappindoodle clip art for the freebie.

12 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite stories to share at the beginning of the year. Thanks for sharing this awesome packet!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book! Thanks for sharing!!

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really excellent! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!! Great ideas. We are passing along the One Lovely Blog award to you, check out our page to grab it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this! I've never read the book, but I'll have to get it now so that I can use this wonderful packet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this packet. This is one of my favorite books to read with my kids at the beginning of the year. Thanks for sharing.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute, thanks so much for sharing your hard work! :0)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie! This is extremely useful!
    Thank you very much!!! (=
    Have a nice day!

    Regards
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie,
    I love your work!! Can you please tell me how I can download your free package on the story THE CRAYON BOX THAT TALKED? Thanks!
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it Jacquie. :) If you click on the first cover page title "The Crayon Box That Talked Packet" you can download it using google documents. Enjoy!

      Annie

      Delete
  10. Thank you for sharing these packets! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie, Your work is first rate and I love the fact that you are still contributing even though you are not able to be in a classroom full time. On your sequencing sheet I did reverse the first and second boxes. I felt like the story talked about the crayons not getting along before the girl bought the box. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete