Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse Literacy Packet

I have so many favorite book characters but at the top of my list is Lilly from Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes.  I love Lilly!  This is also one of my favorite books.  There are SO many different activities to do with this one book.  It was always one of my favorite days when I got to read it to my class.


I love this book character so much I named my cat after her.  Here is a picture of my Lilly.  They don’t look alike at all but I just had to name my first pet after my favorite childrens book character. 


Since I am “kindergarten at heart” I of course have a complete Lilly costume.  When I would read this story I would dress up like Lilly.  I have a mouse head piece, red cape, polka dot dress, crown, red cowboy boots, movie star sunglasses, and a purple plastic purse.  Here is a picture of me dressed up as Lilly. 

Since I obviously LOVE this book it was very easy for me to create a packet.  This is a literacy packet that can be used with this book.  In the packet I have included writing, word work, and comprehension activities.  Be sure to check it out at my TPT store.




 




Today I have also included an art FREEBIE.  This is an art project I created to accompany the book.  The students can make Lilly and her purple plastic purse. 








I hope you can use these activities with one of my favorite books!  Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. EEEEkk! I have a Lilly costume too! She is my favorite as well!! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one! :)

      Delete