Monday, February 27, 2012

Station Organization



Station Organization
Keeping things organized in the classroom is so important!  This also includes literacy stations.  If your stations are organized and the students have all the materials needed at the station you will have fewer interruptions and more productive learning during your station time.  One way I kept my stations organized was by using these baskets at the stations.  Inside all the materials would be located.  I used child cups donated from a local restaurant to store markers.  Inside the other cups are crayons and then a pencil is in the straw spot.  I also used these for the students during the year as well.  They take up a lot less space than toolboxes. 



2 comments:

  1. I love the cup with the pencil in the straw holder. Thats just plain brilliant! I am gonna have to do this for my centers I think...the pencils are always disapearing!
    Perfect solution! Thanks for posting!

    Miss S
    Just Teaching...Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being organized! The pencil in the cup is a great idea. I'm your newest follower. Cute ideas. Come on over and visit me sometime...I teach first.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete