Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Notes

Happy Notes


My last idea (for now) to reinforce positive behavior in the classroom are happy notes.  Each day I would watch for students that stood out to me as having a great day.  Each day I would write two happy notes.  You can give them out for good behavior, showing good friendship skills, academic… anything!  At the end of the day I would read the happy notes out loud to the class and those students would get to take the note home and line up first to go home.  J  In order to be sure everyone got a happy note I would always write one of the happy notes for the student helper for the day.  I would also write the names in my plan book incase I needed to double check quickly.  These take two minutes out of the day and mean the world to the students!  I had parents give me printed pads with “ AHappy Note From Mrs. Henning” at the top.  However, you can use anything!


1 comment: